Thursday, April 30, 2009

IPOPA Poll: How Long Before American Panic Buying?

CNN reports that Mexicans are now engaging in "panic buying."

Ipopa wants YOUR opinion. How long will it be before Americans start hoarding bottled water, toilet paper, canned goods, and batteries like before Y2K?

(a) Once the disease hit 20 states.

(b) Once the disease hits 1,000 cases.

(c) Once the disease hits 10 fatalities.

(d) I can't answer right now. I'm on my way out to get a surgical mask before they run out. (There's only one company that makes them, ya know?)

"It's the end of the world as we know it.....and I feel fine." - R.E.M.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Dave Stone said...

Care to guess how many Americans died from the flu LAST year?
.
.
.
.
40,000 or so.
There may be a time and place to panic. But it's not now.

Unknown said...

I still have supplies left over from Y2K and 9/11. So I think I'm good for now...