Thursday, September 4, 2008

He's Just Obama?

I need help from my readership because the Democratic National Convention is not fresh in my mind. Didn't the Democratic Party speakers refer to John McCain as "Senator McCain" or "John McCain?" Is there anybody in America who hasn't picked up on the disrespect found in the Republicans repeatedly referring to Senator Obama as just "Obama?" Is there anybody who doesn't think that they are saying ONLY Obama because it sounds like Osama, and you lose that association when you give him the title "Senator" or say "Barack" before it?

I'll have more on the RNC shortly. Right now I'm still trying to absorb it.


Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dems should fight back by calling John McCain by his middle name: Sidney.

Sounds a lot like Sissy.

A few slips and slurs and you could just call him Sissy full time....

Anonymous said...

Sorry, middle names are out of bounds per Barack Hussein Obama.

Anonymous said...

It is disrespect...probably for the same reason that there are so few minorities at the convention.

Wilson46201 said...

ahem ... that's : John Sidney McCain III -- a fitting name for a multimillionaire who has so many houses he can't remember how many he has!

Wilson46201 said...

for such a "feminist convention", only 1/3 of the delegates are vaginally-blessed!

Chris Worden said...

I wouldn't answer by name calling. That's silly. But I would certainly point out the disrespect. My opinion of President Bush is well known, but yet I remind myself to refer to him respectfully as President Bush. In a week moment, I did say he was an idiot, which was neither nice or a particularly scholarly critique, but when referring to the man specifically, I've never called him Shrub or even just "Bush" to my knowledge (not 100% on this one). Not agreeing with someone doesn't mean you make them the target of your blatant disrespect.