Monday, June 2, 2008

What Happens When You Push....Part II....

...is that Greg Zoeller becomes your Republican nominee for Attorney General.

They just announced the results (to thunderous applause) at the Republican Party convention, and Zoeller won by 300 in a victory that is a total repudiation of Governor Daniels and the "elected class" but a victory for the people who know what the hell they're doing in politics.

The idea that anybody could have thought a Mayor should be preferred just because he's from Northern Indiana over a guy who worked for the last seven-and-a-half years actually working IN the Attorney General's Office is astonishing.

As a Democrat, I have to say, "Dang!" While we have a FORMIDABLE candidate in Linda Pence, who I believe will be victorious, we would have had a MUCH easier time with Jon Costas.

This result is what I predicted yesterday, so call me Democradamus. You can't lean on people and expect to carry the day. But as a Democrat, I hope my good buddy, Republican County Chair Tom John, keeps trying.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: