Monday, February 15, 2010

Weinzapfel Says No

In a statement issued moments ago, Evansville Mayor Jonathan Weinzapfel states he has no intent to replace Evan Bayh.

Weinzapfel states:

I am honored that my name has been mentioned as a possible candidate for the U.S. Senate. However, I am not interested in pursuing this opportunity. With two years left in my second term as Mayor of the City of Evansville, I am committed to leading my community through these challenging times. Just in the past year, we have successfully lured millions of dollars in new investment and hundreds of new jobs to our city, we have started construction on a new arena that will transform our downtown and create a better future for all, and, through all this, we are managing better and smarter by doing more with less as we continue to provide the city services people come to expect. I am very optimistic about our community and want to continue to lead it into the future.”


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: